BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Daddy is so shocked! Its just what he's always wanted!

Isn't he so cute?

Bug was still sick. She didn't even open her presents! She made my mom do it for her!
Fred loved his treat. Surprise, surprise! I wonder, is there is anything this cat won't eat?

Bear wouldn't come inside for very long, even though it was snowing like crazy outside!




Today was so much fun! Worthy woke me up at 6:00 in the morning, and we opened all our presents. My parents had warned me prior to the destruction of the wrapping paper that I didn't have as many presents as the younger peoples because mine were more expensive. As I opened the various boxes and bags, I thought that maybe they were just making excuses. None of the things I had opened were worth any large amount of money, assuming, that is, that my mother is a smart shopper and did not allow any creepy salesperson dudes to take advantage of her. Then, as I opened my last present, (an envelope) my momma told me that this gift was the reason I had less treasures than the little monkeys (Whoops, I mean children!). My confusion was growing by the second as I opened the little package and found four small little pieces of paper. "Ummmm . . . Thanks?" I mumbled, a little disappointed. I was expecting something grand and wonderful, like a new i-pod or something, but no. My "expensive" gift was nothing more than a dead tree. Bah Humbug.



But then I looked closer, and saw what the paper said; "Zions Bank and Broadway Across America presents: WICKED Thursday, April 09, 2009 2:00 p. m. Capitol Theatre 50West 200 South" My heart stopped beating for a second, and if the room hadn't been so full, I think I might have screamed. In fact, I'm not so sure I didn't. I hugged my parents so hard, I'm surprised I didn't break any bones.



I am so excited! EEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I thought I would never get to see Wicked, or at least have to wait until I could afford to take myself, but now I'm going! I'm really for real going to see my very first Broadway Production! (Ma Mere says I have seen Beauty and the Beast, but I don't remember it, so it doesn't count!)

5 comments:

Tim & Nancy said...

Merry Christmas Morgan. I hope that you guys were able to dig out of the snow. We sure missed you all yesterday. We will have to rock out together on guitar hero.

Kim said...

Well, you know me and those creepy salesperson dudes. They get me every time. I'm so glad you're excited about Wicked! I'm excited, too. I can't wait to be there when you experience it. I love you!

Chrislynn said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you to get to see Wicked, it is an amazing show. I still want you to come out here so we can go to it together, but I guess I will let you experience it out there first. I am glad you had a good Christmas.

p.s. I am totally jealous that you got a white Christmas!

Nan said...

I love your post. I love the way you gradually led up to the opening of your big gift. I also love that your dear mother birthed such a talented writer.

Jen said...

Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see you on Wednesday--we've been practicing and we're excited to do some guitar hero (You saw Riley on my blog--he's totally ready!) You'll love Wicked--it's amazing.